New or Previously Owned?
What kind of home are you looking to buy? New construction or previously owned? There are advantages to each approach.
Previously owned pros
- You may not have the option to purchase or build a new construction home in your desired neighborhood. If location is a top priority, buying a resale home may be your only choice.
- Established neighborhoods sometimes provide a stronger community base than newer developments.
- Mature landscaping, including larger trees are typically not available with new construction homes.
- Most home owners sell a property with all necessary appliances included, so you know the home is move-in, live-in ready.
New construction pros
- Modern floor plans typically include popular room types and layouts that might not be available in older homes.
- When you buy a new home, you often have the opportunity to choose the appliances you want and pick custom details like flooring options, window treatment, paint colors, etc. (Though these choices/upgrades usually come with additional cost.)
- New homes are often constructed with energy-efficient materials and system including insulation, windows and heating/cooling systems.
- Home builders often offer added protection to homebuyers by offering a home warranty.
If you would like additional information on which option might be your best choice or are ready to look at homes, please call or email me. I would be happy to help you!